By Brenda Mothersole, Ann Ridley (auth.)
Read Online or Download A-Level Law in Action PDF
Similar law books
American relations legislation makes key assumptions: first, that the civil kingdom possesses sole authority over marriage and divorce; and moment, that the civil legislations could include just one regulatory regime for such issues. those assumptions run counter to the multicultural and religiously plural nature of our society.
One of the good points of this treatise are its vast assurance folks and overseas privateness and information safety, digital discovery, digital facts, and US and foreign software program protection.
• The privateness and information safety legislation of the USA, the states, the eu Union, and plenty of different overseas nations.
• software of the invention principles to digital documents and different digital documents
• tips to introduce or oppose the admission of digital facts, and the way to assault or buttress the probative price of this evidence.
• U. S. and overseas tools of shielding software program by utilizing copyright, exchange secrets and techniques, patents, and contracts.
• The technical fundamentals of software program and undefined, defined on a degree you could comprehend.
First released in 1978.
This choice of essays offers a felony and coverage research of the eu Union's involvement in worldwide emergencies. Bringing jointly major lecturers and officers from eu associations, the publication deals a worldly research of the theoretical and functional concerns bobbing up from the EU's motion and response to international demanding situations.
This booklet explores the most dynamic and interesting points of globalization overseas tax pageant. With emerging mobility and hovering capital flows, contributors and companies are gaining freedom to paintings and put money into international locations with reduce tax premiums. That freedom is pressuring governments to chop taxes on source of revenue, funding, and wealth.
- Autonomy: In the Law
- Anatomy of a Trial: Public Loss, Lessons Learned from The People vs. O.J. Simpson
- Assessing Lawyers' Ethics: A Practitioners' Guide
- Legal Academics: Culture and Identities
- Authoritarian Rule of Law: Legislation, Discourse and Legitimacy in Singapore
Extra info for A-Level Law in Action
When Gilford Motors tried to get an injunction to enforce their restraint of trade clause, Horne argued that it was his company, not he himself who was sending out the circulars, and that a contract between his previous employers and himself could not bind his company. The court would not accept this argument and granted the injunction on the policy ground that the corporate structure should not be used to evade legal responsibilities or to engage in 'sharp practice'. Where the company is a 'sham ' formed to facilitate some fraud or sharp practice, th e court will be willing to look behind the veil to see who the owners really are in order to prevent the corporate form being used in this way.
In a contract between an English company and a Swiss company about the delivery of goods to a Nigerian company, questions may arise about whether the rules of English, Swiss or Nigerian contract law should apply to the contract and which courts should have jurisdiction to hear the case. These are separate questions, and it could happen that the English courts would have jurisdiction, but would apply the contract law of Switzerland . This book is largely concerned with the law of England and Wales.
Children and young persons who are accused of criminal offences are given much more protection, for example from publicity, than are adults (see page 118 for a description of youth courts and juvenile liaison panels). Distinctions are also drawn in relation to the punishment of young people, who may not be sent to prison (see page 198). This has given rise to considerable controversy as to how children and young people who commit serious criminal offences may be punished and to the objectives of punishment in these cases.